[Community-service] Discussion starter: What is your first volunteering opportunity of 2016?

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Thu Jan 21 22:28:57 UTC 2016

Hello fellow community service division members,
I recently heard about a volunteer opportunity as I was listening to
one of my local sports radio stations. The volunteer opportunity is
for Special Olympics Texas to help out with their bowling events here
in Austin, Texas. I will be assisting with their awards ceremony to
help hand out awards to the numerous competitors as well as other
tasks that I will soon be informed about.

I would like to hear from you all about what is your first volunteer
opportunity that you have come across to start of the new year? How
did you hear about it? What will you be doing?

I look forward to reading your postings

Warm Regards,

Jonathan Franks
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people  and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.