[Community-service] Project Opportunities

taranabella0 at gmail.com taranabella0 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 12:21:38 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,
My name is Tara Abella and I am a board member of the national Federation of the blind community service division. I am brand-new, but I am full of ideas for exciting projects for this year. I would like to tell you about the two programs I am chairing right now to let you know what is coming in to give those who would like to get involved in opportunity to join me.

Community Service Awards Program

I am developing a program for members to chart their service hours and receive awards for serving certain numbers of hours. Members would be responsible for submitting a brief description of the community service they had done as well as the number of hours. Members of the committee would then add the hours to it official spreadsheet that everyone would be able to view. Awards would be given at the national convention next summer, but also could be emailed to those who cannot attend the convention. More information will be coming, but if you would like to be involved please reply to this email.

Cards for Troops

In order to support our troops, I am starting up a project where we will be writing letters of thanks around Veterans Day. Stay tuned for more information, but if you would like to join the planning committee for this great cause, reply to this email.

I hope all of you are having a fantastic day and I look forward to serving with you.

Kindly,

Tara Abella