[Community-service] Spread the word about the Community service Division #NFB4mServe project!!

Dacia Cole dacia.luck at gmail.com
Fri May 6 20:04:07 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I am writing to you on behalf of the Community Service division and as
the chairperson of the #NFB4mserve project.  Below you will find all
you need about this project and how to get involved.  Please share far
and wide and participate in the calls.  Our next call is May 15 at
8:30 PM easterntime.  I will also attach the flyer to this email so
you can email it to others.
Let me know if you have questions.
Dacia

The National Federation of theBlind Community Service Division presents:

  May The Mission, The Movement,, The Milestone (NFB4MServe).

  This is a Month long effort in  which:

The  mission is to give of our talents and skills to people and places
in our communities. We want our sighted  friends and neighbors to
understand that the blind can and do give, and are not always the
“takers” society might have us be.

The movement is all of us as the organized blind furthering our
message through community service that blindness is not the
characteristic that defines us or our future. It is also us coming
together to support each other as we find the ways we will give back
along side our sighted peers.

The milestone is the  results; the raising of expectations of the
blind and the celebration of the difference that we will have made as
a federation family by coming together to share our successes and work
through our obstacles in order to ultimately strengthen the
Federation and break down barriers to full participation in society.

 You can take part in this project individually or with your chapter ,
by engaging in a community service project, such as
volunteering for a nonprofit organization, local church or school, or
helping those in need in your neighborhood. Participants will be able
to share ideas and receive support during bi-weekly conference calls,
use the hashtag #NFB4MServe to tweet about their   community service
activities
, and will also have the opportunity to write about
their experiences on the National Community Service Division’s
official blog, www.nfbcommunityservice.org/blog. The  purpose of the
blog is to  communicate to society that the blind  are active
participants,  contributors and collaborators in society.   The  Blog
is a outlet through which we  showcase by way of community
Service/volunteerism what we believe in the Federation, that we as
blind people can live the life we want and that blindness isn’t what
holds us bak from doing so.  .
The first call will take place on Sunday, May 1, at 8:30 pm EST. The
Call- in information for this, and all other calls is as follows:
(712)432-0140 and the access code is 808277.  The
specific dates of each call are as follows:
 Sunday, 5/1: 8:30 pm Eastern/5:30 pm Pacific
Sunday, 5/15: 8:30pm Eastern/5:30 pm Pacific.
Tuesday, 5/31: 8:30 pm Eastern/5:30 pm Pacific.

 If you are interested in being a part of this exciting project, you
can:
1.	join any of the above mentioned calls at the times listed.
2.	 check out our website at www.nfbcommunityservice.org.
3.	 follow us on twitter at “@nfbcsdivision”.
4.	join our Facebook page by searching for “National Federation of the
Blind Community Service division..
 We Hope you are as excited  to get started as we are to get this going!
 Should you have any questions over the course of this effort, please
do not hesitate to email us at nfb4mserve at nfbcommunityservice.org.
  Yours in the  Movement,
 The #NFB4Mserve Leadership Team.