[Community-service] We don't volunteer?

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 14:49:35 UTC 2016

I know few people in general who volunteer, so I'm not sure it's more
prevalent among blind people. I suppose it depends on the individual and
their level of confidence/skills/opportunities available. Also, depends on a
person's definition of volunteer. To many, in my experience, when they think
volunteer, they think of The Salvation Army or homeless shelters or Habitat
for Humanity or something along those lines. Some though, volunteering is as
simple as working the church daycare on Sunday's or teaching Sunday school
or offering to clean up a neighbor's yard or helping out with school
functions for your kids, etc. So a lot of variables go into this question.

Bridgit