[Community-service] We don't volunteer?

Nella Foster jellybeanfarm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 02:39:18 UTC 2016

I'm not sure if fewer blind people volunteer than sighted people.  Most
people are busy with work, school and families; it can be hard to fit
everything in too busy schedules.  I do think there are some added barriers
for those of us who are blind.  As we all know transportation can be a
problem as well as the attitudes of the sighted majority.

I know both blind and sighted persons who choose to volunteer and both who
do not.  Probably the biggest challenge to all is finding meaningful
volunteer opportunities that meet our skill set and time requirements.

Nella