[Community-service] Blind people Picking up Trash

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 20:18:48 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Our local chapter is participating in a community event this Saturday,
in which we will be picking up trash in parks.  We are not sure how we
will do this as a group of blind people.  The only solution that has
been mentioned was bringing along sighted people who can see the stuff
on the ground, but I am on a mission to find some alternative
techniques for this activity.  What say you?  Has anyone done this as
a chapter?  Thanks in advance for any tips.

--
Julie A. McGinnity
President, National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division,