[Community-service] Community Service Division Seminar agenda topics

Ronnie Bellomy ronnie.bellomy at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 12:43:14 UTC 2018

 I think talking about the parrallels between community service is good.  Remember a good question to ask when you are checking out places to volunteer is, do volunteers have an opportunity for employment. or this could have been what Hindly just said.   It is a question that I have for organizations that come to speak at our local chapter meetings.  Small piece of information being that it is volunteer month, Catholic Charities said they do in our area.  They are nation wide and work as seperate intities but colaborate together and have a national headquarters.
Ronnie

    On Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 4:44:13 PM CDT, Darian Smith,President, National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division via Community-Service <community-service at nfbnet.org> wrote:

 What other things would you like to see at the meeting? experiences you want to hear about? anything you would like to share?
 If you have any ideas, please share.  If, you don’t feel comfortable sharing with  the list, you may send  your  suggestion to me at president at nfbcommuityservice.org
 We would love to get ideas out in the open, but most importantly we want your ideas out there to be counted so, thank you advance for sharing!

> On Apr 13, 2018, at 7:46 PM, Hindley Williams <hbwilliams16 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In addition to the parallels between the two, one can often serve as a precursor to the other. Community service can represent an opportunity for making tons of connections that could lead to employment opportunities. That could be very valuable information for job seekers, students, and the like who really see themselves in service and nonprofit work as a career.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Apr 13, 2018, at 8:59 PM, Darian Smith via Community-Service <community-service at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> What if we talked about employment. And community service?
>> We can touch on the parallels. Between the two.    q
>>

>>> On Apr 9, 2018, at 9:40 PM, Ashley Bramlett via Community-Service <community-service at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Good question. How about someone speaking about advice on the screening and pre volunteer process.
>>> Who helped you fill out forms? Its my experience that most forms are not accessible even if its available via the pc. I have used trusted sighted people, usually family, to help me fill it out.
>>> Also, what about tips for the interview? Just as in a job, all my volunteer experiences involved interviews.
>>> This will be good advice and encouragement for those going through the process.
>>>

>>> Ashley
>>>
>>> -----Original Message----- From: president--- via Community-Service
>>> Sent: Monday, April 09, 2018 6:37 PM
>>> To: community-service at nfbnet.org
>>> Cc: president at nfbcommunityservice.org
>>> Subject: [Community-service] Community Service Division Seminar agenda topics
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> This year as in past years we will be having our annual division meeting.
>>> The theme will be empowerment through community service, and Myself along with the rest of the board are loooking for great  ideas for our division meeting.
>>> What can you think of that we should talk about? Who should we invite. To speak? Do you have something you would like to talk about?
>>> Let’s share ideas!
>>> Just reply  to this discussion thread directly  and we can talk through  it all and see what a great program can look like with us working together!
>>> Thanks,
>>> Darian

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Community-Service:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/community-service_nfbnet.org/ronnie.bellomy%40yahoo.com