[Community-service] Engagement Committee Conference Call

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Wed Nov 7 16:51:42 UTC 2018

Good morning everyone,
Community service truly has an impact on our communities whether it is
in our hometown or abroad in other areas. The positive impact that
volunteering brings to those who may not have anyone to help them can
transcend their way of living. This such impact can be heightened when
groups work together in developing community service projects that
will benefit a large group of people. My name is Jonathan franks and I
am the chairperson for the Engagement committee. This committee
focusses on bringing groups, chapters, divisions and affiliates
together in creating community service endeavors where we can truly
demonstrate our vast capabilities as blind people. This committee will
meet together to help others develop projects, answer any questions
and to inspire others that we can all work together to make this
endeavor possible and erase the misconception that blind people are
only receivers of charity. Our committee will be meeting Thursday
November 22nd at 8pm Central time.

The call-in number is
605-562-0400
Access Code
1989382

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at
jfranks at nfbtx.org

Warm regards and thank you for your service,

Jonathan Franks BSW
Treasurer
National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people  and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.