[Community-service] A Good Samaritan

Jeanetta price price.jeanetta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 14:14:36 UTC 2018

THIS STORY IS SO INSPIRATIONAL THAT I HAD TO SHARE WITH YOU ALL.
TALKING ABOUT GIVING BACK PLUS ADDING A LITTLE EXTRA.

FOX News
Stranger returns lost wallet with added cash

A Good Samaritan who found a lost wallet on a Frontier flight returned
it to its rightful owner — but not before adding extra money to it
just because.

The wallet belonged to Hunter Shamatt, a 20-year-old who was on his
way to his sister’s wedding in Las Vegas earlier this month. It
contained his ID, $60 cash, a debit card and a signed paycheck.

His mom, Jeannie Shamatt, wrote on Facebook that they were “fearing
the worst” and assumed that everything would be gone. But to their
surprise, her son received a package containing a note and his missing
wallet.

“Found this on a Frontier flight from Omaha to Denver-row 12, seat F
wedged between the seat and wall. Thought you might want it back. All
the best. PS: I rounded your cash up to an even $100 so you could
celebrate getting your wallet back. Have fun!!!” the mystery sender
wrote.

Jeannie also shared a picture of the note, signed only with the
initials “TB,” in the hopes of finding “this amazing person.”

The good deed doer has since been identified as Todd Brown, a father
of five who found the wallet when he went to put his seat-belt on
during his flight.

Brown told Yahoo he thought about giving it to the flight crew, but
wanted to make sure Hunter got it back.

“I saw he was just a kid, 20 years old, he had a paycheck in there, so
I figured, ‘Well, he’s doing his best to make ends meet,’ but I was 20
once, and that’s a lot of money for a kid,” Brown said.

When he was getting ready to send the wallet, that’s when he got the
idea to add some money to it.

“I wanted to have a little fun, I wanted him to have a little fun,” he
said. “I imagined what it would be like to get your wallet back, so I
added a little bit so he could celebrate.”

After getting the wallet back, Hunter and Jeannie eventually
discovered the identity of the mystery man and connected with Brown to
tell him how grateful they were.

“They were very thankful. Hunter was very thankful. He told me he has
some student loans and a car payment that he needed to make so the
timing was right,” Brown told Yahoo. “They assumed it was gone
forever. So when he opened it, she said he just started screaming, ‘No
way! No way!’”

Jeannie posted an update on Facebook after speaking with Brown,
reflecting on what his kindness meant to her and her son.

“I try to teach my children to do the right things in life, help
people when you can regardless of the outcome. This story is more
about restoring faith in people than anything. Everything in the
wallet we could [have] replaced. We hear a lot of bad news but not
enough good news. I personally want to thank Todd Brown and his wife
for restoring faith that there are amazing people out there, the world
is not as grim as it’s being made out to be,” she wrote.