[Community-service] Making connections

Kelly J. kellyjo124 at live.com
Tue Oct 2 00:20:48 UTC 2018

Hello all. I just want to encourage you to continue to make connections in your community by informing organizations about our mission. Today, Goddest Johnson and I had the amazing opportunity to speak to the national honor Society at one of our local high schools. We informed them about the objective of the national Federation for the blind and the community services division, as well as the purpose of the white cane. Consequently, we were able to collaborate with the honor society to utilize the students for future service engagements. We are so thankful for The invitation that was extended to us so that we can let others know that in spite of our Visual limitations, we are still willing and able to help others. They were exceptionally impressed that our service is not limited to blindness related activities. I can truly say that all parties are excited about this new connection and we want to thank Nancy again for giving us the opportunity to meet with this very honorable organization.