[Community-service] Holiday ideas

young swag863 goddest80 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 15:40:26 UTC 2018

 Good morning,

  I just wanted to share two events that we have hosted that are really
great to do around the holiday times.
  For Thanksgiving we have hosted a Thanksgiving dinner for all of all the
trimmings. We invite the families to come out and enjoy a wonderful
Thanksgiving dinner or an ass, Publix has been very great and donating
turkeys hams to assist in this endeavor there are a lot of families who
can’t afford to be able to have a nice Thanksgiving meal so this is a way
that we can give back to the community for the last two years we have been
hosting the dinner  at one of the local churches here who have been
wonderful and letting us use their banquet hall.
 As well for Christmas time we usually park partner with the foster care
center of Orlando and I have a cyst in hosting a angel tree which consist
of anyone in the community can donate a five or $10 gift card and it is
posted on the angel tree as well as going out into the community doing
different fundraising events to be able to contribute to purchase gift
cards for the angel tree to provide gifts to the children who are in the
foster care system. Another idea that I was going to give was just like
Jonathan‘s which is gift wrapping we have a big mall hear that usually
 welcomes us to come in and assist with gift wrapping and they always allow
us to put up a donation box to collect donations. Hopefully some of these
ideas can be helpful to you have a wonderful day