[Community-service] Discussion starter: Tell us about your Meet the Blind month activities #NFBMTBM

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Tue Oct 16 20:02:32 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,
I hope this message finds you all well. Since it is meet the Blind
Month, I was wondering what activities you, a group, chapter, division
or affiliate has done or has planned to spread awareness about
blindness and the vast capabilities of blind people. This past
Saturday, our chapter held our second annual dance fundraiser where
one of our chapter members verbally taught Salsa and Merengue to the
participants. We invite the general public as well as blind people to
come out and learn some dance moves while supporting our chapter.
Thus, educating anyone who attended that blind people can enjoy all
aspects of life. I look forward to reading your stories or planned
activities for #NFBMTBM

Warm regards,

Jonathan Franks BSW
Treasurer
National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people  and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.