[Community-Service] Service Spotlight

Jeanetta price price.jeanetta at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 01:36:59 UTC 2019

Congratulations, 🎊 🎉 Dr. LaShawna Fant for your diligent work.
Dr. Fant is no stranger to community service. Within the first few weeks of the challenge, she submitted over 18 entries. Dr. Fant is one of the happiest volunteers and her cheerful spirit shines brightly in all that she does. Dr Fant works full time, serves in leadership roles with the federation, and dedicates countless hours as a volunteer. Without further delay, Dr. Fant, we sincerely thank you for being such a humble servant as well as leader in our community.

SERVICE SPOTLIGHT!

Take a gamble on COMMUNITY SERVICE and you are guaranteed to walk away a WINNER!  “IDO” COMMUNITY SERVICE CHALLENGE

 Lashawna’s Reflection

During this “IDO” Community Service Challenge I gave it my all!  I participated in community service that benefited people from across my home state of Mississippi.  One of my community service projects involved a family in Jackson, Mississippi.  I took one of the sons to our local job center to receive assistance with completing a resume.  We also went out for lunch where we talked about self-esteem building essentials.  This was key because he is often teased due to his weight.  Additionally, the teenager and I worked to locate him a summer job.  Thankfully, he is working this summer and that will financially assist their family.  I was beyond grateful to be able to assist this family.  It is a very rewarding feeling to know I am helping individuals live their best life.

P. S.
As we conclude with our final “IDO” Challenge submission, we hope that the participants’ reflections motivated you to get involved. Believe that you can live the life you want by volunteering in your community with love, hope, and determination.
In the words of our NFB President Mark Riccobono, "We are the blind, we have come to celebrate, and we will let our value shine. We are the National Federation of the Blind.”
See you in Vegas!