[Community-Service] Community Service

young swag863 goddest80 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 12:38:08 UTC 2019

 Good morning,
First I want to say when making a commitment to volunteer it all starts
with you once you have said in your mind and made up within yourself that
you want to be dedicated to serve and volunteer in any capacity there is
nothing that will stop you from going through with this commitment. There
are always volunteer opportunities available it’s just a matter of doing a
little bit of research a lot of main organizations that are throughout the
US are always available for volunteer endeavors the Salvation Army,
American Red Cross, your local schools Your local food pantry’s, your local
homeless shelters, and the list is endless. A lot of cities throughout the
US utilize 211 which is a good resource tool to inquire about other
volunteer opportunities one place that is always in need of volunteer help
is your local light house which are throughout every city and state these
are the schools that are dedicated to development  and an able and blind
and visually impaired children and adults to live the life they want
through teaching them various skills to allow them to be successful and
independent in their every day life.
When it comes to your profession a lot of times if you are already employed
it’s just a matter of reaching out through your chain of command and
finding out what volunteer opportunities are available, where the need is
and where you can step in and give your own area of expertise to help in
the process within your profession. If you are not employed do a little bit
of research within the field that you want to work in and strategize and
put together a plan to find out where  your strong points are and how you
can’t give back and provide your own talents and put them to work with in
your professional field.
As far as myself I have never had a volunteer opportunity that I did not
enjoy doing anytime I go out and I dedicate myself to do a acts of
kindness, a labor of love, or just lend a helping hand I make sure I’m
always ready and have the mindset that I am making a difference so I hope
that answers your questions.
If I can be a resource in anyway possible please feel free to reach out to
me  and let me know and anyway I’ll be happy to help you in anyway possible.

Goddest Johnson
Vice president
Community Service Division