[Community-service] What is Virtual Volunteering?

Humberto Avila humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com
Tue Mar 19 23:06:29 UTC 2019

Hello All:

I was recently reading through some of these topics on the community-service at nfbnet.org<mailto:community-service at nfbnet.org> mailing list serv, and I know someone posted something about doing “virtual volunteering.” What does this, in turn, actually mean? What does it entail? How does it work?

I am imagining it is sort of volunteering for a website where you submit content and such that may be useful and positive to others; is that similar?

I have been recently inclined to do podcasts for a site called Applevis, which is a community-driven web page for everything relating to the accessibility of Apple products. Does that qualify as virtual volunteering? Or, just volunteering in general? I need some guidance. How would I put this on my personal resume?

Here’s a link to the podcast feed, in case anyone’s interested in listening.

http://www.applevis.com/podcasts

Have an awesome day today and thanks much for answering my questions.

Sincerely,

Humberto

“Positive thinking leads to a positive attitude which leads to positive actions which lead to positive outcomes.”
— ME