[Community-Service] Thankful Thursday

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Fri May 22 02:30:27 UTC 2020

Jeanetta, and all:

   Thank you for your note and the reminder to be thankful.

 Gratitude is a value of mine,  so this hits close to home for me.
 I think that there is never a bad time to offer gratitude to someone, because everyone we come across helps shape our views and helps us chart the course our life  takes.
 The trick to that ability to have gratitude in your heart and express that thankfulness to people in your life is to  be and stay open in your interactions with people, both those you agree with and those you disagree with.
 I do want to take a moment to thank  you all, my federation family.  I know that  many of you  that are reading this contribute to the work of the federation in different ways, and that you believe in the  mission of our movement. Many of you I know personally, many I want to know.
 Ultimately, each of you make what we do in our chapters, affiliates, and divisions in terms of the work of our larger movement possible.
It is  you and others in our movement which shaped my view of what is possible and helped me chart my course  and still do today.
 So, thank you.

  Much love,

  Darian