[Community-Service] Thankful Thursday

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Fri May 22 20:59:57 UTC 2020

Such a nice heartfelt note Darian! Thank you for all you have done to get this division started and look what it’s become! You are quite a blessing to all. It’s the small things that we do for each other that make things better in our world. I love what you said Darian. It’s harder to volunteer these days but at work a small thing like me bringing an ice cream bucket full of a variety pack of M&Ms seem to make a difference yesterday. Usually they don’t get any snacks because we can only share stuff on the snack cart with the residence at my assisted living facility. The residence would love to eat those M&Ms, but I thought the staff needed to know that they were appreciated. I looked for any opportunity to thank them verbally and let them pick out a bag of M&Ms. Not everybody likes M&Ms of course but Manny said that the kind words meant a lot. Wow people think of the doctors and nurses in hospitals and clinics on the front lines, these people have a really stressful job as certified nursing assistance. They’re responsible for so many peoples such intimate needs and how they do their job matters emotionally and physically to each resident. And now with the virus they have to do more like collecting vitals and being so careful not to have things get picked up and go into the wrong room. we really pulled together and they are such blessings! Next time you’re looking for something to do, do not hesitate to find a way to write notes to people in assisted-living facilities. Kids cards, peoples notes with a printed or handwritten matter so very much!

Happy Morial day weekend and I think God for the mission of the division and the NFBW as a whole.

Ericka Nelson