[Community-Service] The Nature of Independence

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Fri May 29 19:45:13 UTC 2020

Good afternoon,
  I wanted to share with you all one of my favorite banquet speeches.
 The title is  “The Nature of Independence”.
 The reason why I personally enjoy this speech is because it articulates something that I find that we  all struggle with as blind people.
It first articulates the questions of just what is   independence? And it, I think successfully answers that question as well.
  The speech thoughtfully approaches, discusses and answers   a complicated question, something I hope we can do here  within this discussion thread.
  In my opinion, I think, no matter how long you have been a member of the federation, it is a good idea to read  this speech, then reread it every once in a while.
 I look forward to your thoughts and opinions.
  Best,
  Darian