[Community-Service] Hi Darian,RE: The Nature of Independence

jmail201586 at yahoo.com jmail201586 at yahoo.com
Sat May 30 00:01:09 UTC 2020

Hi Darian,

Thank you for sharing the  link with everyone who’s on the list. I like Dr. Jernigan’s responses from the letters he received. I think the teens who wrote to him brought up to valid points to him. Back in the day   we are often told to use our white canes and guide dogs.

I can remember that as a childen/teenagers, adults working with blind youth seemed to put a strong emphasis on using canes; no sighted guides. In fact, just a few years ago, I believe that someone was douting my independence. Now, how can I not  be independent if I use electronic means to pay my bills. How can I not be independent if I am using a cane to  get around.

I thank you for sharing the link with us.