[Community-Service] Let’s Taco ‘Bout It Tuesday

Jeanetta price price.jeanetta at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 10:15:53 UTC 2020

Happy Tuesday Team CSD!

Is there something you would like to see changed this Tuesday? Are you talking about it or are you setting the example to change it? #GetInvolved #JustDoIt #VolunteersRock

Remember: There’s no need to wait to be asked. There are many ways to find organizations that are looking for volunteers. Ask your friends  family including federation family as well as colleagues about their own volunteering activities. The Internet has great online volunteer referral services, including www.volunteer.gov. Or try visiting your local volunteer center. These services can help you to find the right volunteer opportunity for you.

Wait!!!!! Let’s Taco ‘Bout... Drum roll please!! 🥁 🥁

NFB Community Service Division
“Meet the Blind Month Service Spotlight”
"Laissez les bons temps rouler"
Save the Date: Sunday, October 25, 2020
@6pm Eastern Time
Let the good times roll, as we celebrate Meet the Blind Month through our community service endeavors. With excitement and anticipation, we invite all chapters, divisions and/or individuals to be an active participant at our upcoming meeting to share service activities during the month of October. The board will select five vibrant volunteers to enlighten us on their life-changing community service experience.

How do I secure a spotlight slot? Good question!!!!!!!! First, write a “Service Summary,” including name of the volunteer(s), population served, date, location, responsibilities and any details to shed light on the impact of your service. Send us a descriptive photo and your chances of securing a spotlight slot increases. Are you a paid member of the division? Well, it is paying off because your spot is secured. Please email price.jeanetta at gmail.com with all summaries and/or questions.

Thank you in advance for your service and participation.

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89408759864?pwd=L1Z4RldWVGRyRWM2dG1CeVNpbDRQUT09