[Community-Service] Throwback Thursday!

Jeanetta price price.jeanetta at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 18:55:53 UTC 2023

No excuses! Get involved today! Don’t let challenges stop you from serving beyond the six dots.  Stay encouraged.  Throwback any doubt and receive on this Thursday a message of hope, love, and determination to serve.

2020 COMMUNITY SERVICE DIVISION CHALLENGE WINNER
Miranda Borka’s Refection
As a volunteer crisis counselor, I received 30 hours of training. My experience with the training platform as someone who is visually impaired and uses assistive technology was pretty positive. In the areas where the technology did not cooperate, I utilized Aira at a free Aira free access location to complete those inaccessible portions of training. Overall, the training was comprehensive. The support I have received prior to, during, and following my training has been top-notch. My coach is always available to answer questions when I am not actively engaging with texters on the platform. My fellow crisis counselors and supervisors have also been a welcoming wealth of knowledge and support on the platform as well. Supervisors are mental health professionals, and as someone pursuing my master’s in social work, this encourages me as I enter the profession. There are numerous tools and resources that are updated frequently to further aid crisis counselors in engaging our texters. Crisis counselors are encouraged and motivated to grow, and organizational leadership has been receptive to making necessary changes to embrace overall growth and development.