[Ct-nfb] TRANSPORTATION

Suzanne Westhaver swesthaver at comcast.net
Sat Jun 18 13:08:41 UTC 2011

You make a very good point, Trudy.  While I would love to drive a car again, I would really love it if all paratransit districts made partnerships.  For instance, I cannot get to New Britain without taking a pretty expensive bus to Hartford and then taking another to New Britain.  This would be solved if Waterbury transit and New Britain transit made a partnership.  Waterbury covers Wolcott and New Britain covers Bristol and Wolcott and Bristol town lines meet. It causes me difficulty in attending meetings in that area and also training.

In fact, I have difficulty when I have to get to training in Hartford because of the timing of the bus schedule and am  usually saved by a co-worker that meets me at acommuter parking lot off 84 and lets me ride with her.

My employer does not care about my transportation difficulty and the ADA does not require an employer to accommodate your transportation.

It seems like some, if not more, effort would be made to work the kinks out.