[Ct-nfb] EBay

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sat Jun 18 16:52:38 UTC 2011

EBay is not workable as of yet for screen reader users.  So hang in  there
and wait a little longer.  They hope to have some improvements on the  site
by National Convention, but I have not heard anything yet.

The goal for the people in the pilot program is to list 100 auctions by
June 30th.  I have more then half done and I need to work on the other half
this weekend.  I am really hoping to have my 100 done by June 30th.

The thing is that I did not have that many items on hand to sell.   Then I
had to work out about getting pictures taken of the items.   That is still
a work in progress.  Then I still have to find a person to  help with
describing the items to me so I can write up the auction.

So I am in search of a person I can hire to borrow their eyes and maybe use
 my camera that I am willing to pay in my area.

This is a work in process.

John, my husband works 2 jobs and hates taking pictures and he does not
describe things very well.  My Mom who is 93 is too busy and her  discription
ability is not that great.  "It is cute." Then I have to ask  what color is
it, why is it cute, how large is the print on it, etc.

I have tried asking my 5 year old Grand daughter if I could borrow her eyes
 and she makes like she is popping her eyes out and putting them in my
hand, then  running off to play.  I am serious, but she hasbetter things to do
on her  mind.  When I ask her that I need her mouth to describe what her eyes
see,  then she makes like she is popping off her lips and puts that in my
hand,  too.  Oh well.  I do try.

Joyce  Kane
Blindhands at AOL.com