[Ct-nfb] window 7?

Suzanne Westhaver swesthaver at comcast.net
Thu Jun 23 00:44:33 UTC 2011

Hi, Joe.  I am using Windows 7 and it took some getting used to at first.  My Windows 7 also forced me to go to MS Office 2010 which is challanging as it does not work like former versions of MS Office. No more drop down menus.  They’ve transformed everything to these things called ribbons which are a different beast all together.

I also had to spend $550 to upgrade my JFW program.
Not much advantage there.

I use Windows XP with MS Office 2003 at work and Windows 7 with MS Office 2010 at home.

I like the old way as I know it like the back of my hand but I’m learning the ribbons with time and effort.

Windows is just an operating system so I don’t use it.  It just runs mostly.  Windows explorer is different and that took time to learn.  I was very frustrated with downloading books from NLS.  It was trial and error but now I can do it in my sleep so practice makes perfect.
I also use Windows Live for email now which I do not like nearly as much as Outlook.  I’m still trying to figure out how to edit an address in my contacts list.  Was given instructions by a tech friend but those instructions do not work.
Still working on it.
I also had to mess around with settings so I got the sender and subject info...it was originally just showing subject text.  I messed with view settings and got it to work.
I suppose if I had the patience to review all the JFW tutorials I’d be ahead of where I am now but I lack patience for the most part.  I did order a book from NBP on Word 2010 and am planning to focus some energy on learning it as sooner or later my office will upgrade and it’s good I learned the basics at home so I’m not fumbling at work when that happens.