[Ct-nfb] Daily Digest Option for ListServ

Kristen G cts4gs at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 14:00:07 UTC 2011

Hi Justin and fellow NFB members,

My name is Kristen, I am a mom to a beautiful and amazing, almost 5 year old child with Optic Nerve Hypoplasia.

Being sighted, I have not had much opportunity in my life prior to my child's birth to know anyone who has blindness or a significant visual impairment.  I am very grateful to the NFB (especially Beth Rival and Chris Kuell) who have welcomed me into the group so that I can educate myself on issues regarding blindness and visual impairment as well as the opportunity to collaborate with other adults and mentors for my child.

The reason I am writing, is to ask Justin if it's possible for you to post some legible instructions to the group regarding the Summary Daily Digest option for receiving a single email from the group.  The digest option will send only ONE email to your inbox daily with a list of all posts for the day.  You can read the subject lines in the list and decide if you would like to scroll through the entire list or just navigate through a couple of messages.  Being a mom of my child who has a complex disorder that effects more than just her visual system, I am a member of several listservs and can't imagine getting individual emails all day long from each group.  My email would be unmanageable.  I think this may be a better option for those that are communicating their dislike of the amounts of emails they are receiving.  One important note, I obviously have no idea how the Daily Digest email "reads' in any of the accessibility software/features many
 folks on this list may be using, which is why I addressed the note to Justin so that he may test it and offer some suggestions.  One last note, it is certainly helpful if those folks that are posting replies to previous posts, that you delete the prior post before submitting your reply, as when you hit just "reply" the previous post is also copied and can sometimes make the daily digest a lot longer.

Justin, the option is in the middle section of the Subscribe/unscribe link at the header of all emails....contact me offlist with any questions...

Hope the helps in some way,
Kristen
Supermom and Advocate for my one and only superhero.....