[Ct-nfb] [FWD: What you have learned from the two storms- offeryour experiences to help others]

Joanna Bolduc jobo15 at cox.net
Thu Nov 10 22:21:47 UTC 2011

Esther,
We have a Keurig too- we boiled water in a tea kettle on the side burner of our gas grill. My husband opened the K-cup and put that coffee in a paper towel lined strainer over his coffee mug and slowly poured the hot water over the grounds (just like the keurig machine does) it worked well and we had coffee like that all week.You could also put the coffee grounds in a pyrex measuring cup and add the water to it, stir and then put it thru the strainer)easier for me- I'm the blind one) that way you can pre-measure the water.He also put the boiled water in a thermal coffee carafe and I had hot water for my tea all day. The carafe kept the water hot for up to 18 hours.

We also have a cast iron pan that we heated in the grill to cook eggs and other things on the grill. A cookie sheet with a edge and a cheap pizza pan are must haves to do baking on the grill. We made beef stew hobo pockets, chicken tacos and sausage grinders all on the grill with this equipment.
Hope some of this helps.
Best Regards,
Joanna