[Ct-nfb] [FWD: NEAT: Free Demonstration of the NEW revolution in text to speech scanning

Charlie Collins charlie at visiondynamics.com
Tue Sep 6 18:50:46 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I thought I would throw in my two sense  on the topic of scan and read systems.
I have experience with all different types of models, some that work really well and some that need some improvement.

We have been selling the Knfb since the day it came out and it still by far is the best hand held, portable scan and read in the industry.

The Abisee products, Eye Pal, Zoomex, and Twix are also very good and accurate. They all need to be hooked up to your pc or Mac. They do not need any additional software they all come with everything you need out of the box. Each system can be folded and brought with you as long as you are traveling with your laptop.
The Solo is a standalone unit that works very well and is extremely accurate. Just place a page on the unit and it takes a picture and starts reading it to you. simple and powerful.

Gw Micro is now carrying a few models, we are in the testing phase of these products and will have more detailed information by the end of the month.

The Intel Reader came out strong, but did not seem to take off like the Knfb. It is a very good unit with many great features and was priced along with the Knfb.
It seems to have moved over mostly to the learning disability market.

If you have not seen the Optelelc Clear Reader it is a must see. It is like a radio with a battery that takes a picture and almost instantly reads it back to you.
All of these products have many more features, but the purpose of this email is to give an idea of what else is out there.

Great news, in mid October a new release of Zoomtext is coming. And for us Low Vision users this new release is going to Rock. I know since I am a beta tester for the new release. Don’t hold me to the date, but you can hold me to this being an amazing release with exactly what we are looking for in one software package.
Oh how I want to tell you more, but I think they would have to kill me, I signed a keep your mouth shut document.

We are always on the lookout for new and affordable products and would appreciate any information sent to us if you see a product you think we should carry or you want us to test.

Here are the places we will be over the next few months for you to come by and take a look at these products. And as always you can come into the store and try out any of these.
September 14   Low Vision Open House Waterbury, CT
September 20   Windham Regional Community Open House Willimantic, CT
September 27   Presentation @ Seabury, Bloomfield, CT
September 30   Cheshire Health Faire Cheshire, CT
October, 25   Neat
Here is a link with more detailed information.
http://www.visiondynamics.com/calendar.htm

For those of you who read to the bottom of this email I wanted to let you know we are having a drawing for an Intel Reader with docking station.
These products together retail for $2100.00 and by stopping in to see us at one of the listed events we will be at or our store until the end of October you can enter to win this product.
We will announce the winner at the Nfb Crowmwell convention during our presentation.
And even better you are the only people who know about this raffle.
The rules are you must be an active member of the NFB, enter our drawing, and come visit us at one of the listed places we will be.

Please feel free to call us with any questions you might have on all scan and read systems that are out there. If we don’t carry it, we have tested it.

Thank you and I along with the team here look forward to seeing you over the next few months.

Charlie Collins, CPSC
Founder and CEO
Vision Dynamics, LLC

"Learn to see again"
We do not see with our eyes we see with our brain.

Vision Dynamics<http://www.visiondynamics.com/>
470 West Main Street
Cheshire, CT. 06410
Phone:(203) 271-1944