[Ct-nfb] Tactile Graphics Chat

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed Sep 21 20:36:53 UTC 2011

NFB Krafters Korner
October 17, 2011
Monday Night Chat
Special  Time 9:30 p.M. Eastern time

I would like to invite everyone to join us for a Monday Night Chat  October
17th at 9:30 PM Eastern time, 8:30 PM Central, 7:30 PM  Mountain, 6:30 PM
Pacific, 5:30 PM Alaska time!

We will have Professor Richard Baldwin as a guest speaker the creator   of
a drawing program that he designed for the blind.

He states:
"Having been the sighted teacher of a blind student for  several years,  I
firmly believe that making it possible for blind and  visually  impaired
people, and particularly blind and visually impaired  students in  STEM
courses, to communicate using accurate printed and  tactile graphics  will
improve the quality of life and the likelihood of  academic success for
those
students.

I have written a computer program that makes it possible, for the  first
time
in history, for blind and visually impaired people to  create such  graphics
in an accessible and user-friendly way.

Version 0.0.8 of my drawing program for blind students is now posted   and
available for free and immediate download at":

_http://www.austincc.edu/baldwin/SWT-SVG/SVGDraw01.zip_
(_http://www.austincc.edu/baldwin/SWT-SVG/SVGDraw01.zip_
(http://www.austincc.edu/baldwin/SWT-SVG/SVGDraw01.zip) )

He has agreed to join the NFB Krafters Division to chat and  answer
questions we may have about this new program he has developed.  Please do
arrive
on time.  There will be a Meet and Greet  time beginning 15  minutes prior
the above scheduled time.

You will be charged your long distance service charges if you don't  have
unlimited long distance services.

218 862 3242, Dawn's Den, hit 1 twice, then 50 and the # sign.

Joyce  Kane
Blindhands at AOL.com