[Ct-nfb] Hear This NFB Member's Young and Old, A Telephone Conference for You Next Week

Trevor Attenberg tattenberg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 03:03:06 UTC 2012

Hey there all listers,

Yours truly will be hosting another phone conference for "at large" members
of the NFB of Connecticut. Look at the bottom of this message or at the
attachment for the numbers you need to dial. The conference is due to be
held at 7:00 on Tuesday July 18. Now since the NFB of Connecticut would very
much like to increase the number of folks calling in, and indeed work to
form an actual At Large Chapter, I would like to know if there is a better
time for you to have these phone meetings. The option I leave open for this
upcoming meeting is to move it to 9:00 pm. This would allow some of our cell
phone callers to wring in for free.

                If you don't know or don't think you're yet sure of what
this At Large member teleconference is, It is a means for members of the
National Federation of the Blind's Connecticut affiliate that are
uncomfortable, or unable to attend regional chapter meetings to get involved
with the Federation. All people who feel like they can contribute, even if
they sometimes participate in local chapters are more than welcome to join
us. This means it is an opportunity for many of us to hear your interesting
voice, and for you to be involved in whatever way possible with our cause.

                What will we do this meeting?

The meeting will be a bit of the formal, and a bit of the casual. We shall
reflect upon and discuss the happenings at the recent NFB national
Conference in Dallas and associated news, opportunities to travel free to
the next National Convention, local NFB activity, the foundation of A
Connecticut Association of Blind Students, and a NFBCT diabetes chapter, and
any topics you want to jabber on about. There will also be discussions of
the future of a CT At Large Chapter, including board positions. We'll want
to try to keep things under an hour, so all the topics will be done snappily
and happily. Come with curiosity and questions regarding any NFB or
blindness related issues.

Please remember that the National Federation of the Blind is your
federation. It is the largest organization of blind people in America, and
has worked tirelessly for the past 72 years to bring blind people the civil
rights, basic dignity, and opportunities they deserve as members of society.
The Federation is more than ever fighting for you as it works to pass fair
labor standards through the U.S. Legislature; deploys its members in the
creation and promulgation of technology designed to maintain and expand the
horizons of the blind; provides scholarships, grants, and other monetary
resources; and offers vast new personal connections necessary in finding
work, training, uncharted wisdom, and inevitably numerous lasting
friendships. The NFB is led by blind people wherever it goes; therefore, it
demands participation from people like you in order to stay on course.
Remember that by getting involved in whatever way you can, you are either
benefiting or contributing to the lives of the many.

I do hope to have you.

Sincerely,

Trevor Attenberg

Call: 760-569-9000