[Ct-nfb] Goodwill Boycott

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Thu Jun 21 19:56:49 UTC 2012

You have my permission to quote me and my wage to the politicians.   Shame
on BESB for allowing this.

Joyce  Kane
Blindhands at AOL.com

In a message dated 6/21/2012 3:51:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu writes:

Trevor:  You are an excellent philosopher.

Rich: I agree with you and want to  make sure you know that the number of
people who really, truly, cannot be  competitively employed is much, much
lower than these predatory companies like  Goodwill make it out to be.  The
people who really need jobs as a form of  entertainment or babysitting is very,
very small.

Joyce: I am so sorry  to hear that you were ever employed at subminimum
wages.  I'm glad you  got the heck out of Dodge.  Personal testimonies like
yours are very  important in our fight for fair wages for all disabled workers.
 Would  you mind if I referenced your story and attach your name to it when
I'm  talking to politicians?  That's the lowest wage I've actually heard of
in  Connecticut.  $3.00 was the lowest Connecticut wage I'd heard of before
 reading your email.

Justin

Justin M. Salisbury
Class of  2012
B.A. in Mathematics
East Carolina  University
president at alumni.ecu.edu

“Never doubt that a small group  of thoughtful, committed citizens can
change the world; indeed, it’s the only  thing that ever has.”    —MARGARET
MEAD