[Ct-nfb] [Ct-NFB] writing contest for 2012

Salisbury, Justin Mark SALISBURYJ08 at students.ecu.edu
Mon Mar 5 17:07:07 UTC 2012

I like Bruce and Betty's suggestion (Why I Go to National Conventions) and Rich McGaffin's (Why We Need the National Federation of the Blind).  I think both are excellent.

I understand Joyce's concern with the fact that not everyone goes to the national convention, but I think that having the writing contest being about it would (a) make people who have ever gone reflect on why it's so awesome, (b) make those who have never gone be more interested in going this year so they can write about it, and (c) give those who wish to share their love of national convention an opportunity to share it with everyone.

Rich's topic would give everyone a chance to write, though.

Both are good in my eyes.

Justin

Justin M. Salisbury
Undergraduate Student
The Honors College
East Carolina University
salisburyj08 at students.ecu.edu

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”    —MARGARET MEAD