[Ct-nfb] FW: [Nfbnet-master-list] Donations of Braille Books Needed

Elizabeth Rival erival at comcast.net
Wed Mar 14 14:03:50 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbnet-master-list-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:nfbnet-master-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of David Andrews
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:54 PM
To: nfbnet-master-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-master-list] Donations of Braille Books Needed

Donations of Braille Books Needed

Calling all Braille readers! It's that time again: Time to sort
through all those boxes of Braille books in your basement or spare
room, and donate those
gently used but no longer needed Braille books to the 2012 Braille
Book Fair sponsored by the National Organization of Parents of Blind
Children and the
National Association to Promote the Use of Braille.  Our primary goal
is to get more Braille books into the hands of children, youth, and
beginning adult
readers, so here's what we need most: Books in good condition,
print-Braille picture storybooks, and leisure reading (fiction or
nonfiction) books. Cookbooks
are always in demand, as are books about sports. Children are so
hungry for their very own books that every year, despite generous
donations, most of our
books for young children are gone in less than an hour.  So, begin
your search through the boxes in your basement and spare room and get
those books shipped
to:

Vanessa Pena

10155 Monroe

Dallas, TX 75229

NOTE:  Yes, you can ship them Free Matter for the Blind via the Post
Office.  Please keep volumes together if at all possible.

This year's coordinator is Barbara Cheadle.  If you have any
questions, you may contact Barbara Cheadle at (410) 747-3472 or email her at
bacheadle at msn.com.
  This year's event is slated to take place on Monday, July 2. Please
check your agenda for the time and room.