[Ct-nfb] FW: ACB Resolution on H.R. 3086

Trevor Attenberg tattenberg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 23:50:48 UTC 2012

Good Question,

ACB is the American Council of the Blind. It is a splinter group from the
NFB that is often antagonistic towards the Federation; though there are a
few issues both organizations agree upon from time to time. There is much to
say on this matter. From what I hear, ACB does not have an active chapter in
CT at this time; though they are quite active in Massachusetts and several
other states. ACB used to have its convention at the same time as the NFB. I
know some great people involved with the ACB, but my other experiences with
the council have not been too positive. I could make a substantial list of
legislation and other legal activities the Federation and the Council had
disagreements over.

NIB stands for National Industries for the Blind-a government/industry
partnership for employing blind people. Unfortunately, I have to go just
now.. Ut oh!

I'd look these two fellows up on line if possible.

Trevor A.