[Ct-nfb] FW: ACB Resolution on H.R. 3086

Richard McGaffin rmcgaffin at snet.net
Fri Nov 9 12:17:16 UTC 2012

Good morning all:

I finally got a chance to listen to that clip, and I personally think that it's horrible that the A.C.B won't stand with us on this, for them to say it doesn't effect blind people is totally incomprehensible. I can't believe that people are so naive to think that anyone with a disability deserves anything less then minimum wage, or higher.

I once worked for BESB industries as a janitor. And was actually paid $6.00 an hour. A fair wage in the 90's, however since they needed another client they decided to have me work 4 hours at this, and 4 hours as a bench worker for less than minimum wage. I of course quit. Fortunately at the time Stop & Shop allowed me to go back to work with them.

I know of at least one individual who is blind who has a college education, and will now probably be forced to collect social security if he qualifies, if not oh well he's only a blind person. Is this what it means to agree to disagree.

I also know another blind person who recently worked in a so called workshop, and after the trial period was up found them self making i believe, but don't quote me on this $.11 an hour. Again is this a fair wage.

I am taking this very personally, I think that this could be the breaking point of Blind folks through out the US if we can't get this bill passed we might as well all kiss our futures good bye. As for me, I'm now being forced to give up my high standard of poverty as you all know because I've wined about it enough, as of the 14th I'll be forced to give up the Internet, all distance & Cable tv. So my friends is this what we all have to look forward too. Get ready because it's coming 2 more points I do wish to bring up. The first is about 60 years ago or so, a man took power in Germany, and begun to eliminate the Jewish race along with the elderly and disabled. Of course no one believed this at the time, but as we found out this horror was true. Now I'm not saying we're all going to get gassed. I don't believe the US would allow that to happen in our country, at least not today. However one thing we did allow is the distruction of an entire race of folks
 called the Indians, and we enslaved another race of folks called the African Americans. No my friends if we don't stand together now, and fight this. We will surely lose all we've worked so hard to gain. Stand together, or fall apart.

Well that's the end of my lecture, and if I've offended anyone well then I'm sorry.

Be cool folks

Rich

P.S. please forgive any and all miss spelling spell check and lack of education only go so far.