[Ct-nfb] Weather alert hurricane Sandy

Richard McGaffin rmcgaffin at snet.net
Thu Oct 25 14:41:31 UTC 2012

Good morning all:

As I'm sure you all know by now there is a storm approaching or brushing the cost of Connecticut. It's too early to get the exact location of this storm. But I feel it's important to get prepared now. Make sure you have enough batteries, water, none perishable food items, and so one.

I don't know how many of you folks got caught off guard last year with Irene, and the nor'easter that followed. We could be facing the same issues this time. So rather then waiting until the last minute. Get out and get what you need because this storm will impact us in one way or another. I don't know how many of you know this, but Janet & I lost our car in one of our August storms due to flooding. It cost us over $1,800.00 in repair bills.

Again I urge you all to pay close attention to the local weather, because as we all know this last minute scrambling is for the birds. I believe we have tommorrow and Saturday will both be great days. Janet & I will be heading out tomorrow to gather what we need.

I apologize to anyone who may not think this issue is Blind related, but I feel to be for warned is to be for armed.

I wish you all luck & be safe please

Rich

P.S. as always anyone wishing to contact me off the list serve is welcome my e-mail address is rmcgaffin at snet.net and my phone # is 203-937-5441