[Ct-nfb] Fwd: Instructions for Upcoming Live Blog

Elizabeth Rival erival at comcast.net
Fri Sep 14 17:55:25 UTC 2012

go Giants

From: ct-nfb-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:ct-nfb-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of Blindhands at aol.com
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 12:24 PM
To: ct-nfb at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Ct-nfb] Fwd: Instructions for Upcoming Live Blog

Joyce Kane
www.KraftersKorner.org <http://www.krafterskorner.org/>
Blindhands at AOL.com

  _____

From: editor at matildaziegler.com
To: Blindhands at AOL.com
Sent: 9/14/2012 10:54:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Instructions for Upcoming Live Blog

Hello Everyone,

On Sunday, for the second year in a row, Romeo Edmead and I will be
attending a New York Giants football game.  We've been granted access into
the Press Box and will watch as the Giants play against the Tampa Bay
Buccaneers at 1:00pm, Eastern Time.

With the help of our web consultant, I've made some behind-the-scenes
updates to the website that will allow us to offer a true live blog of the
game.  The live blog will have its own web address--which I will give you
below--and will automatically update as we give a play-by-play account of
the game.  Romeo and I spent some time yesterday testing the site to make
sure that everything works, and I'm happy to say that your experience should
be greatly improved over last year.  Just as a side note, Romeo tested the
site using JAWS.

To follow our live blog this Sunday, go to
http://www.matildaziegler.com/2012/09/13/giants-vs-buccaneers-live-blog
before the game.  When you first visit the page, select the link "Skip to
main content" at the very top.  This will send you past all of the other
headline links and right to the live blog.  You will then hear the title of
the live blog, which will be "Giants vs. Buccaneers Live Blog."  This will
be followed by "September 16, 2012, filed under Uncategorized.  Comments
Off."  That last bit is simply information included about when the live blog
began.

After you hear, "Comments Off," arrow down and you will then be in the live
blog where content will automatically update.  Each new live blog entry will
be added on top of the others and will have a time stamp in 24 hour format.
So, 1:00pm will be read as "13.00."  Likewise, 1:15pm will be read as
"13.15," and so on.  Use these time stamps to determine which of the entries
is the most recent.  While testing, Romeo said that it was very simple to
navigate through the entries.  Simply read the entry and arrow up every few
seconds to see if a new one has arrived.  If you hear new content, continue
to arrow up until you hear the time stamp and read from there.  You will not
need to manually refresh the webpage, as all of the entries will appear
automatically as we add them to the site.

Romeo and I will be making some pregame comments, so start following along
around 12:45pm, Eastern Time, if you'd like to get some information about
the upcoming game.

We're both really excited to offer this game in a much better format for you
all and I hope that you enjoy following along.  Again, the link to visit is:
http://www.matildaziegler.com/2012/09/13/giants-vs-buccaneers-live-blog and
we will begin coverage around 12:45pm, Eastern Time.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me at
editor at matildaziegler.com

Take care.

Sincerely,
Ross Hammond, Editor

This email was sent to Blindhands at AOL.com.
If you are no longer interested you can unsubscribe instantly:
http://swisher.cmail5.com/t/r-u-kyhrhyk-fldltidg-r/