[Ct-nfb] Blind Babies and Our Purpose

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Tue Jul 16 00:52:29 UTC 2013

Hi Joyce,

Your experience sounds quite interesting. I would love to hear more about it.

At this point in the discussion, it is relevant to remember that the scope of the work of the national Federation of the blind is The United States of America.  Even if surgery were a part of our work, it would only apply to people in the United States.  The National Federation of the Blind has many resources, but our resources are still limited. We allocate them in a way that does not include the blind of other countries.

In order for us to start conducting international work, we would need constitutional changes.

We are governed by our constitution, and we need to abide by it. I am not making any moral claims about this effort.  I believe that our participation in it is contradictory to our purpose as an organization and mission as a movement.

Again, I think your experience sounds very interesting. I sincerely mean it when I say that I would love to hear more about it. Have you considered writing an article for either our state newsletter or the Braille Monitor about it?

Yours,

Justin Salisbury

Sent from my iPhone