[Ct-nfb] [Ct-NFB] Humanity of the National Federation of the Blind

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Fri Jul 19 13:34:03 UTC 2013

I have no problem with individuals helping this mother and baby acquire surgery. I have no problem with that at all.

We are in organization with a purpose, and this cause lies outside our purpose. Though it may be benevolent, it is not appropriate for our organization. I enjoy going to church, but I recognize that religion is not and will not be taught in public schools. It's the same concept.

Again, since we have already made these commitments, I believe that we must honor them and be accountable for them, but I do not believe that we should go down this road again.

Sent from my iPhone