[Ct-nfb] [Ct-NFB] [Ct-NFB] Humanity ofthe National Federation of the Blind

Nathanael T. Wales ntwales at omsoft.com
Sat Jul 20 17:04:28 UTC 2013

Justin,

I’ll confirm that no affiliate funds are being expended on this baby and family, doctors, etc.  Our office is collecting donations as already requested, tracking them, and depositing them into our checking account; and all funds collected on the baby and family’s behalf will then be dispersed to purposes appropriate with the decisions already made.  It’s exactly like one of our restricted funds (it is in effect a new restricted fund).

Our office staff’s time spent on this has been minimal.  Our time as members, as volunteers, is an individual responsibility as well as a collective decision.  I will echo your suggestion to again contact Senator Murphy and our individual House of Representatives member to remind them of our legislative priority regarding subminimum wages and accessibility of college level E-books (which we call “T.E.A.C.H.”).  I know you yourself are working on an application for a grant to our affiliate, Rich and Ilene are working hard on chapter fundraising, Ed is leading our at-large chapter, etc., etc.

And I know many of us are looking forward to baseball tonight (and another opportunity for fundraising and publicity)!

Nathanael Wales