[Ct-nfb] House Amends HR 164 in to National Defense Authorization Act

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Sat Jun 15 21:51:59 UTC 2013

Fellow Federationists:

I am pleased to inform you that our work on behalf of blind veterans has paid off!

Because of strong cosponsor support, the House amended HR 164 into the National Defense Authorization Act, and the Act was just passed.

The Senate has been working on its version of the defense bill, and it may get to the Senate floor as soon as this week.

Our Senate sponsor of S 346, Senator Tester, plans to get the bill amended into the Senate defense bill.  I will let you know more information about the Senate as it becomes available.  We will need calls to Senators Blumenthal and Murphy asking them to support Senator Tester's amendment.

Thank you all for every effort made with the US House of Representatives.  It will soon be time for our Senate push.

Stay tuned.

Yours in Federationism,

Justin Salisbury

Justin M. Salisbury
B.A. in Mathematics
Class of 2012
East Carolina University
president at alumni.ecu.edu<mailto:president at alumni.ecu.edu>

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."    -MARGARET MEAD