[Ct-nfb] from your state president

Richard McGaffin rmcgaffin at snet.net
Mon May 20 11:49:30 UTC 2013

Beth;

I'm not trying to point a finger at you, and personally I believe if you had said what you wanted to do up front on the list serve that you were offering a chance to accept this service I'm quite sure none of this would have blown in to this mess. There are 2 things I object to here. The first is that we weren't informed about this from you first, a quick message on the list serve would have changed some folks opinion. I can't speak for everyone, but if we were asked first, it wouldn't have seemed so sneaky. And the 2nd comment that I dislike and which really makes me angry is the fact that some of our board members acted like our membership list was their property. Because it's not, Whether its our office or secretary who have possession of our contact information it's wrong to use it for anything but NFB business by anyone (including myself) with out first asking. It wouldn't have taken that much more time, and would've taken all the argument out of
 the opposition.

Perhaps I'm wrong and if that's the case maybe ifs me that should retire from the NFB, if you feel I should be replaced let me know, and I'll be happy to walk away or step down. Hell like you I am sure I can find other things to fill my time. It's your call, just let me know before my next chapter meeting, and let Eileen know that I've been removed.

I can see your point of view, and if I have offended you that I'm sorry for.

take care

Rich