[Ct-nfb] State Convention Update!

Rob Palaski PALASKI65 at COMCAST.NET
Sun Oct 20 03:32:21 UTC 2013

Awesome!

From: Ct-nfb [mailto:ct-nfb-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of llee at nfbct.org
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 2:25 PM
To: NFB of CT list serve; CTABS List serv
Subject: [Ct-nfb] State Convention Update!

Hello all!

We’ve got some state convention updates!

The deadline for reserving hotel rooms has been extended to Tuesday, October 22nd. The deadline for registering for our convention is the same day. Don’t miss out! Get your reservations and registrations taken care of!

We are having two national representatives this year: Parnell Diggs, Board Member of the NFB and President of the NFB of South Carolina, and Kevan Worley, Executive Director, National Association of Blind Merchants.

If you are interested in joining Beth and our national reps for dinner on Friday evening at 6:00PM, please email the office at  <mailto:info at nfbct.org> info at nfbct.org or call us at 860-289-1971.

Friday evening’s social, which starts at 7:00 PM in the Arlington Room, is a Halloween themed event. So, please wear a costume!

Saturday morning speakers will include Author Linda Goodspeed; Mac Janney from Vermont Adaptive Ski & Sports; Tim Kelly, a guide runner!

Our Saturday evening banquet emcee will be Esther Levegnale.

Several divisions and chapters will be selling items during the convention. These sales will benefit both the chapter or division and the state affiliate. The Connecticut Association of Blind Students will be selling snack packs; The National Association of Guide Dog Users of CT will be selling their famous chocolate paw pops again; The Central CT Chapter will be selling doggie treats; and the Southern CT Chapter will be selling turkey lollipops. Help support these groups!

Stay tuned for more exciting updates!