[Ct-nfb] A Resolution

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Sun Oct 27 23:16:03 UTC 2013

Fellow Federationists, this state convention is going to be an amazing experience.  I just got home from the NFB of Illinois State Convention, which was also wonderful.

If you've ever attended a resolutions committee meeting, you should appreciate the following:

WHERAS, the National Federation of the Blind of Connecticut is blessed with the opportunity to double-dip on national representatives for our annual state convention, and

WHEREAS, Dr. Marc Maurer has elected to send Parnell Diggs and Kevan Worley to our state convention, and

WHEREAS, Parnell’s banquet speech in East Hartford, Connecticut, on November 1, 2008, instilled in Justin Salisbury a desire to join the National Federation of the Blind:

Now, therefore,

BE IT RESOLVED that the members of this organization read the biographical sketch for Parnell Diggs at <https://nfb.org/parnell-diggs-bio>, and,

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the members of the organization give a warm, hearty, New England welcome to our two featured guests, our national representatives, Parnell Diggs and Kevan Worley.

Yours,

Justin Salisbury

Justin M. Salisbury
B.A. in Mathematics
Class of 2012
East Carolina University
president at alumni.ecu.edu

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”    —MARGARET MEAD