[Ct-nfb] question on Fair wage

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Sep 10 17:19:33 UTC 2013

I am behind and please update me on this.

What happen to the Fair Wage bill?  I just received an email from  Senator
Murphy   stating:

"The original WIA legislation was first passed by Congress in 1998,  and
the law has been overdue for re-authorization since 2003. I was therefore
proud to vote for S.1356, the Workforce  Investment Act of 2013, which was
passed by the U.S. Senate  Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions on
July 31, 2013. This bill  contains changes to the legislation that reflect
the ever-changing global  economy, as well as input from Connecticut
businesses, education, and labor  groups. By allowing local workforce development
organizations to tailor their  programs to their regions' specific needs, the
legislation will help provide  local solutions to specific regional issues.
The bill also focuses on improving the Job Corps program, which has
recently  faced serious funding challenges, making the program more stable and
allowing  young people to rely on these centers to give them the tools they need
to  succeed.
Rest assured that I will be encouraging my  colleagues to support this bill
as it moves to the full Senate. Without it,  we're putting our country's
economic future at a significant  disadvantage."

So please advise, did they take out the part that we were fighting for them
 to change or remove?
Joyce  Kane
Blindhands at AOL.com