[Ct-nfb] question on Fair wage

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Wed Sep 11 05:19:56 UTC 2013

Another important thing to understand is the distinction between our bill and the bill that we are trying to block/change.

HR 831, the fair wages for workers with disabilities act of 2013, is our bill that would end subminimum wages if passed.

S 1356, the workforce investment act of 2013, is the bill that includes harmful language about subminimum wages and would move the rehabilitation services administration from the Department of Education to the Department of Labor (if passed).

In short, we like HR 831, but we do not like S 1356.

Justin Salisbury

Sent from my iPhone