[Ct-nfb] FW: free eye exams for service animals

Elizabeth Rival erival at comcast.net
Tue Apr 8 15:54:38 UTC 2014

From: Cornelius, Matt [mailto:Matt.Cornelius at ct.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 11:35 AM
To: dawgmawm at gmail.com; ali06811 at yahoo.com; chigozieoffor at yahoo.com;
Chris.Jarosz at va.gov; 'RRJ.Rich'; lonewolf06488 at sbcglobal.net; Dona
Sauerburger; erival at comcast.net; honorata_szymczyk at yahoo.com;
pagarde at remindernet.com; Phillip A. Magalnick; PALASKI65 at COMCAST.NET;
Scarmella, Samantha; Sherryl.Glinsky at va.gov; s.marino2 at snet.net;
famigliettis at ciboakhill.org; tammy chabotte; Thomas.Knapp at va.gov;
'tinac52 at cox.net'; toml614 at hotmail.com; 'cookety at gmail.com'
Subject: FW: free eye exams for service animals

From: Nemeth, Jolene
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 8:30 AM
To: DORS-DL BESB
Subject: free eye exams for service animals

I thought some of our clients could use this information since eye exams are
very costly but important as guide dogs age.

On 3/26/14, ACVO Service Animal Eye Exam <servicedog at acvo.org> wrote:

> Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.

> (http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=422924dfa584ce24c5a7dc3a7
<http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=422924dfa584ce24c5a7dc3a7&id=d135>
&id=d135

> 4ee9d9&e=7e948984b2)

> COMPLIMENTARY EYE EXAMS FOR SERVICE ANIMALS We are very pleased to

> announce that the ACVO boarded ophthalmologists, with Stokes Pharmacy,

> are offering free screening eye examinations to Service Animals

> throughout the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. Registration begins on

> April 1st and ends April 29th. Please take a look at the enclosed

> information to get you started.

> Registration begins April 1st, closes April 29th. Examinations are

> May 1-31st.

> Register from this page, April 1-30, 2014!

> (http://www.acvoeyeexam.org/2014/animals/main.shtml)

> WHAT IS THE "ACVO/STOKESRX NATIONAL SERVICE ANIMAL EYE EXAMINATION"

> PROGRAM?

> The ACVO/StokesRx National Service Animal Eye Exam event is a

> philanthropic effort generously provided to the public by

> participating board certified Diplomates of the American College of

> Veterinary Ophthalmologists who donate their time, staff and services

> to provide complimentary screening eye exams to qualified Service Animals.

> This program would not be successful without the generosity of our

> Diplomates and the financial support of our namesake sponsor, Stokes

> Pharmacy, and other valuable sponsors.

> Over 22,700 Service Animals have received these free screening exams

> over the past six years. Please participate and support our

> ophthalmologists and sponsors to ensure this program continues in future
years.

> - Stacee Daniel, ACVO Executive Director

> ANIMAL QUALIFICATIONS

> The 7th ACVO National Service Animal Eye Exam event will provide a

> free screening eye exam to Service Animal groups including: All

> animals formally trained, certified, currently working service animals

> or formally trained therapy animals with active registration. Those

> currently enrolled in a formal service animal training program may

> qualify, but is based upon clinic availability. A completed

> registration form and confirmation number alone does not constitute

> qualification for the program. Training/certification paperwork for

> the animal must be provided to the clinic at the time of the exam, in

> addition to the registration number generated by the online registration.
Please note that clinics may have limited availability.

> Read all qualifications

> (http://www.acvoeyeexam.org/2014/animals/qualifications.shtml)

> .http://www.acvoeyeexam.org/2014/animals/qualifications.shtml

> LOCATE AN OPHTHALMOLOGIST NEAR YOU

> This pre-registration list is being provided to help you learn if a

> doctor is participating in your area

> (http://www.acvoeyeexam.org/2014/animals/ParticipatingCities2014.shtml).

> Specific clinic names and contact information is not included here

> yet, but will be provided after you register for the event, beginning
April 1st.

> LOCAL SERVICE ANIMAL GROUPS NEED TO BE INVITED!

> We invite you to forward this invitation to your local police, fire,

> military and private non-profit groups to invite their Service Animals

> to participate.

> FACEBOOK...

> Don't forget to 'Like' the event on FB

(https://www.facebook.com/pages/ACVO-National-Service-Animal-Eye-Exam-Event/
176450379044668).

> We will keep you abreast of other similar events or news throughout

> the year.

> CONTACTING YOU...

> You have received this email because you have either requested to be

> on our email notification list or were involved in a previous year's

> event. Just let us know if you would like your email removed by

> replying below. Thank you for your participation and for spreading the
word.