[Ct-nfb] bionic eye

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun Apr 27 22:46:20 UTC 2014

Well Justin,

I saw perfectly well for 47  years and poof woke up from surgery in  total
darkness alive almost 17 years ago.  I have been determined that  blindness
would not get the best of me and I believe I have lived my life in  that way
to the fullest and have done things and gone places no blind person  might
never think of.

I am not looking for any pitty or any help from people or you, but until we
 can walk in another one's shoes I don't think any one has the right to
make  comments about how someone's opinion.

My husband died 3 weeks ago and we were married for 42 years longer then
you have lived.    I lost my sight twice, once 16 years ago and  again 3
weeks ago.  Don't feel sorry for me as I will get beyond  this.

I feel sorry for you that you don't take the time to consider what others
feel about their blindness and the folks here are not all in a mess of
feelings  over their blindness and for those of you who have recently lost their
sight or  in the process of loosing their sight I understand their is all
levels of  feelings both good and bad and if you have a "Blind moment" or
"blind day",  where you get frustrated or hate that you can't see or hate that
you have to ask  for help, I understand and you are welcome to give me a
call.  203 378  8928.  I will not cry with you or sympathize  , but I am a good
listener and will encourage you.  Don't call Justin as he just doesn't
understand that.

Joyce  Kane
Blindhands at AOL.com

In a message dated 4/27/2014 3:22:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,