[Ct-nfb] FW: CFTB receives DG grant - accessible computers f/t blind available for $20 to SSI recipients

Elizabeth Rival erival at comcast.net
Fri Aug 22 14:16:51 UTC 2014

From: Cornelius, Matt [mailto:Matt.Cornelius at ct.gov]
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2014 8:33 AM
To: 'dawgmawm at gmail.com'; 'amb.burke at gmail.com'; 'agorzelany at gmail.com'; 'erival at comcast.net'; 'lackerman01 at snet.net'; 'dhhorberg at snet.net'; 'Carolyn Kryzanski'; 'patelc503 at yahoo.com'; 'chigozieoffor at yahoo.com'; 'rchomicz at gwcc.commnet.edu'; 'RRJ.Rich'; 'Cooper Kendall'; 'dburque at gmail.com'; 'dspruill87 at gmail.com'; 'lonewolf06488 at sbcglobal.net'; 'dave at pressureseal.com'; 'dgregoire at liberty-bank.com'; 'dean dickson'; 'dwdunne at crisradio.org'; 'douglasm1978 at aol.com'; 'Cookiechumper at aol.com'; 'Gianna.Ardito at anthem.com'; 'HHamit Campos'; 'djjavi99 at aol.com'; 'honorata_szymczyk at yahoo.com'; 'Janice Vazquez'; 'jeffry gianini'; 'Jennifer Polanco'; 'spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net'; 'jia108 at yahoo.com'; 'jmcnickle at continentalit.com'; 'jrubell at kennedyctr.org'; 'Jordan Klem'; 'artlady19 at comcast.net'; 'galen6499 at yahoo.com'; 'andreagomez777 at att.net'; 'Linda Rickard'; 'Lisa Barney'; 'Mary Silverberg'; 'Mary Tomolonius'; 'blumem at farmington-ct.org'; 'matthew.wiseman at med.va.gov'; 'maurojr87 at msn.com'; 'mp2009.michael at gmail.com'; 'mike rouillard'; 'molly brainard'; 'nlydon at RSD13.ORG'; 'nyemapinkney at comcast.net'; 'pagarde at remindernet.com'; 'pattyandjondavis at sbcglobal.net'; 'paul.benoit1 at pw.utc.com'; 'Phillip A. Magalnick'; 'rayrouleau9 at hotmail.com'; 'PALASKI65 at COMCAST.NET'; 'rakar5 at sbcglobal.net'; 'robin.woodbury at gmail.com'; 'rodneyrivers at att.net'; 'skusiak at gwcc.commnet.edu'; 'sphrobson at gmail.com'; 'Scarmella, Samantha'; 'SAresco at MiddletownCTPolice.com'; 'Sherryl.Glinsky at va.gov'; 'shonda.r.rosetta at gmail.com'; 's.marino2 at snet.net'; 'Potz, Stephen E PW'; 'famigliettis at ciboakhill.org'; 'Sunshine Lawson'; 'sylviabenoit at yahoo.com'; 'tammy chabotte'; 'Tammy Paradis'; 'TWilson at fidelco.org'; 'Thomas.Knapp at va.gov'; 'tinac52 at cox.net'; 'tobalicious1 at gmail.com'; 'toml614 at hotmail.com'; 'cookety at gmail.com'; 'Valerie Ellis 2'; 'VISHAL14 at SNET.NET'; wschiavo at snet.net
Subject: FW: CFTB receives DG grant - accessible computers f/t blind available for $20 to SSI recipients

From: Sigman, Brian
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 7:56 AM

From: djeppson at computersfortheblind.net [mailto:djeppson at computersfortheblind.net]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2014 5:13 PM
To: Sigman, Brian

Please share this notice with your staff and colleagues.

 <http://www.computersfortheblind.net/> Computers for the Blind (CFTB), a non-profit 501 (c) (3) agency is pleased to announce the receipt of a grant from the Delta Gamma Foundation which will enable us to provide our refurbished desktop computers with screen reader and screen magnification software to Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients for only $20.

In order to qualify a person who is legally blind must present us with a copy of their disability determination award letter from the Social Security Administration (SSA) indicating that they are an SSI recipient due to blindness.

Please note that this grant is only available to SSI recipients.  Persons who receive SSDI or Social Security Retirement do not qualify for this grant unless they also receive SSI. Please do not share this with consumers who do not receive SSI or we will be inundated with calls from individuals who do not qualify.

To request a computer, contact us at:

214-340-6328 or  <mailto:info at computersfortheblind.net> info at computersfortheblind.net

This offer is good until grant funds are exhausted.

This year CFTB is celebrating its 25th year of connecting worlds – one computer at a time.  We have shipped out over 7,000 accessible computers to persons who are blind or have low vision.  With your assistance and that of the Delta Gamma Foundations we will continue to be able to provide low cost accessible computers to persons who could otherwise not afford them.  For more information about our computers and organization go to our website at  <http://www.computersfortheblind.net/> www.computersfortheblind.net.

Respectfully,

David Jeppson

Executive Director