[Ct-nfb] Reminder from The FederationistCo-editors

Barbara Blejewski barbara.blejewski at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 14 03:44:53 UTC 2014

    Fellow Federationists,

Remember The Federationist--The Newsletter of the NFB of Connecticut  Affiliate? In the previous issue of our newsletter, Carol Lemieux and I established the deadline for the Spring/Summer issue as February 15th.  Since no contributions have been received to date, we are extending the deadline to Monday, February 23rd.

What kinds of articles are we looking for?  Perhaps you’ve participated in training at one of the NFB training centers. Maybe you just finished your first semester of college or decided to train with a Guide Dog.     Have you tried a new product, either a daily living aid or a new technological device?  If so write a review to inform us about it.  Have you participated in an event or traveled abroad? Describe your experience.  Describe your occupation,the requirements for entering the particular field, and how you learned about the employment opportunity. If you’re a coordinator of a particular service or a coordinator or a Chairperson of a committee, write an article about it.  The President can write a short informational article such as From the President’s Desk.   If Chapter President’s are involved with their chapters in innovative projects, they can share this information by writing a few paragraphs about it.

Carol Lemieux and I will submit a few articles, but we are the Co-Editors, not the sole writers of the newsletter.  Articles may range from a few paragraphs to two pages in length.  Articles may be sent in braille, print, or cassette.

Send articles to Barbara Blejewski
Email address:  barbara.blejewski at sbcglobal.net
Address:  4 Tabshey Court
Wethersfield, Connecticut 06109
Telephone: 860 721-8601

   By the way, this is a long weekend and the weather is abominable.  This is the perfect time to write an article or complete the one you  haven’t finished. Finally, the quality and the availability of the newsletter depends on you!