[Ct-nfb] Important Questions regarding the minium wage

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Sat Mar 1 18:47:47 UTC 2014

Dear Elizabeth,

I am sincerely grateful for your interest in the fight to end subminimum wages.  I have read your message a few times but am struggling to understand what it is that you want to know.  Honestly, the abundance of typographical errors would not be much of a problem if they did not erode the clarity of the message, but I regret to report that they do.  If you could please edit and resend your message, I would be happy to help answer your questions.

I also wish to remind you and others that Edward Shaham has taken over for me to spearhead our legislative activities.  While I am happy to offer any help that I can, Edward’s understanding of and ability to research these issues should not be underestimated.

Lastly, I want to encourage you to feel comfortable reaching out to Rose Sloan at our national office.  She is the one leading our efforts to achieve fair wages by fixing the Workforce Investment Act and also getting the House to pass HR 831 and the Senate to introduce and pass a companion bill to HR 831.  It is certainly good to use our resources here in Connecticut, but helping people understand this issue is part of why we pay her the big bucks.  Her phone number is: 410-659-9314, ext. 2441.  You can also email Rose at rsloan at nfb.org<mailto:rsloan at nfb.org>.

Sincerely yours,

Justin Salisbury